othersOther issues important to a Minsk tourist: Belarus state holidays, Minsk internet cafes, Minsk weather, Belarus draniki recipe, Belarus travel safety, etc.
Best private guide in Kiev!
When you happen to travel to Belarus please don’t hesitate to find time and to enjoy one more beautiful country of Eastern Europe located nearby – Ukraine. There are many places worth visiting there: Carpathian mountains for nature lovers, UNESCO listed sights in the Western Ukraine and Kyiv, many beautiful and attractive cities for tourists – the biggest ones are Odesa, Lviv and Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. This trip will take at least couple days and duration will depend on your preferences.
Mostly all tours start from the capital of Ukraine and even official logo has the same sign «Everything starts in Kyiv». Therefore here are some tips on travelling to Kyiv from insiders:
- Navigation. Kyiv is one of the biggest European cities and the easiest way of moving around can be private transfer, taxi Uber or Bolt and metro.
- Accommodation. It is better to stay closer to the city center. You can find accommodation according to your budget among numerous hotels, apartments and even hostels.
- Food. There are many good restaurants. At first please try local cuisine and such dishes like borsch, dumplings and Chicken Kyiv. Expect main course in the mid-range restaurants around 10 euro, a starter – 4—5 euro
- Attractions. Here is the short list of highlights:
- Kreschatik street and Independence square (Maidan)
- the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra (Cave monastery);
- Monument Mother-Motherland;
- the Golden Gate;
- St. Sophia Cathedral;
- St. Michaål Gold-domed monastery;
- Andriyivskyy descent and st. Andrew’s church;
- Mezhygiria residence (museum of corruption);
- The museum of Ukrainian architecture and rural life Pirogovo.
You can enjoy your stay in Kyiv visiting museums, restaurants and night clubs. Another option for Kyiv sightseeing trip is to hire KievColours private guide. The most popular tours you can find on the website KievColours. Additionally you will receive all recommendations and your own itinerary. It is quite affordable and great opportunity to discover new city and country at your own pace.
Applying at their local Belarus Consulate, the citizens of migration-secure states (e.g. the USA, Canada, Japan and others) can obtain a short-term...
The form of application for a visa to Belarus has become digital and you can save and send it as a PDF file. It is only a 2-page document that is available...
Quite a number of things, as a matter of fact. Let’s examine a typical case from my travel agent’s past with a traveler landing in Minsk Airport (MSQ) and applying for a visa...
People, who want to travel to Belarus to see a friend, take care of the grave of a relative, take part in the court hearings, etc. need to apply for a private visa...
This article covers field family research in Belarus that in most cases comes after dealing with the State archives of Belarus and genealogical research.
A plastic card is a fine thing, no doubt, but there have been a number of cases when the ATM displayed ERROR, or required a PIN code...
While most tourists agree that Belarus is not the country for grand shopping, there are still some things that can be brought back as souvenirs...